Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:23 -0400
The WELCOME file is not actually a template but a file.  FILES can be
given.  Elements of the template file itself can not.

Personally, I have files stored on my PC which I then email manually -- a
poor boy's GIVE if you will.  It's a heck of alot "cheaper" than mailing
the LISTSERV a command, wait for it to process it, and then mail the
resulting output to your victim, er correspondent.