Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:09:16 +1000
> Thanks for your response.
> Yes, a sub-directory has been created for the list in the Archives
> directory. However, I'm not sure if the Sys Admin who set up Listserv
> followed the list of "important restrictions" stated in the Site
> Manager's Manual chapter 5.4.5. (I don't really understand them
> myself and that Sys Admin is no longer with us.)

It sounds like LISTSERV isn't creating the '<listname>.html' file which is
the main page for the list's archive.  You would normally find it in the
root of the Archives directory.  If you have access to this directory take a
look and see if it's there.  If '<listname>.html' doesn't exist try doing a
GET and PUT of the list header.  This forces LISTSERV to rebuild the web
index and HTML files.  Have another look to see if '<listname>.html' has
been created.  If it's *still* not there then that suggests there's
something more terminal.  At this point it would be good to get well
acquainted with the new Sys Admin in charge of LISTSERV....

Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.