Rich Winkel <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 19:44:23 CST
>From:         Winship <[log in to unmask]>
>If I recall correctly, you say INDEX listname   doesn't work.
>How does it not work?  You get nothing?  You get an error message?
>Other?

There is no error message.  If I email the request I get back the
"Summary of resource utilization" message, but no filelist.
For what it's worth, the cpu usage is about half what it is when I
request a filelist from another list (and get it).

>Is your list set up to have notebooks?  Has a filelist been established?
>If you don't have notebooks, and you don't have a filelist, there is
>nothing to index.

Yes & yes.  Index USED to work, but not any more.

>I don't recall, have you tried  GET listname FILELIST , and/or
>GET listname FILELIST (ctl pw=xxxxxxxxx   ?

Yes.

>If you have notebooks, and a filelist, and you haven't access to them
>I think you had best talk to your LISTSERV postmaster/maintainer/admin.
>about it as he (she) is probably the only one who can fix the problem.

He doesn't know what's wrong.  I'm on my own :-(

Rich