"John Harlan @ L-Soft" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 May 2005 16:29:45 -0400
Hello, fellow LSTOWN-L subscribers --

We at L-Soft want you to be among the first to know we are kicking off
our second global LISTSERV® Choice Awards competition today!

For those who may not be familiar with the LISTSERV Choice Awards
competition, it is the only worldwide recognition program for
outstanding email list communication.  L-Soft inaugurated the
competition last year (2004) as part of the company's 10th anniversary.
  (How many "children" are older than their "parent"?  L-Soft turns 11
this year, while LISTSERV turns 19!)

This is what Eric has to say in our news release:

"Email lists have permeated every aspect of modern society because they
are a proven and cost-effective tool for building communities, enhancing
business communication and bridging the gap between different cultures
and nations. This is why there are over 110 million subscriptions to
LISTSERV® lists throughout the world."

Certainly LSTOWN-L is a shining example of community-building, having
served the ranks of LISTSERV list owners for nearly 15 years since its
founding in 1990.

Eric notes, "I want to continue to recognize the vision and dedication
of email list technology users. And who knows? The most amazing uses of
email lists may still lie ahead of us."

Our LISTSERV Choice Awards program for 2005-06 features four nomination
categories: Discussion, Newsletter, Announcement and Innovation. A
diverse array of LISTSERV® email lists and LISTSERV® Maestro campaigns
and mailings are eligible for consideration for these awards. In
addition to presenting prizes to winners in the four award categories,
L-Soft will select a Grand Prize Winner from all nominations received.
Category winners will receive a framed special diploma signed by Eric;
additional software licenses or hosting service, based on L-Soft's
assessment; L-Soft t-shirts to raffle among email list subscribers; and
an award logo that the organization or list owner can use, for example
on the email list subscription Web page. In addition, the Grand Prize
Winner will receive a special gift.

The LISTSERV® Discussion Award is the category with the first submission
deadline: July 1, 2005. Nominations in this category are open to all
email lists that use L-Soft technology to share and exchange information
in a group setting. The nomination process continues into the fall and
winter; each of the additional categories - the LISTSERV® Newsletter
Award, recognizing outstanding newsletters; the LISTSERV® Announcement
Award, focusing on successful alerts, bulletins, marketing
communications and other announcements; and the LISTSERV® Innovation
Award, emphasizing advanced, creative or innovative overall
implementation - has its own specific deadline. Nominators may submit
entries for consideration in any award category by using the nomination
form on L-Soft's Website, http://www.lsoft.com/news/choiceawards.asp,
which also contains additional award details, category award nomination
deadlines and contest rules. In addition to the four category awards,
L-Soft will also select a Grand Prize Winner from all nominations
received. The Association of Cancer Online Resources was the winner in
the 2004-05 LISTSERV Choice Awards.

All of us at L-Soft hope all of you will consider participating in this
year's LISTSERV® Choice Awards, by nominating lists you consider
especially worthy of recognition, and encouraging your colleagues to do
the same!

John

--

John Harlan
Vice President, Computer Services

L-Soft international Inc.
www.lsoft.com

LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html