Jane-Kerin Moffat <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:24:02 -0400
>On 8/21/01 12:18 AM, Jane-Kerin Moffat <[log in to unmask]> wrote...
>  >A subscriber to one of my listserv lists is being automatically
>  >removed from another listserv listserv list maintained  on the same
>  >server for the same organization because, for some reason AOL is
>  >sending back deliver error responses to listserv probes.   In fact he
>  >is getting all his mail- including all the mail from the listserv in
>  >question.
>
>I'd like to see one of those errors.

Sorry, I can't help you.  As the probe message and reply are  between
the servers only,  the subscriber never sees; nor does the listowner,
who sees only the daily probe-failure reports sent him by the list's
server   By now the subscriber will have asked the listowner (to ask
the list administrator) to track down the responses to take up with
aol.   Meanwhile the subscriber is resubscribing, says he will change
ISPs if the problem recurs.

        Jane-Kerin Moffat