Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Aug 1996 02:51:42 GMT
On Sat, 3 Aug 1996 15:43:04 -0400, Sue Paduano <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Could someone please tell me how I can add my co-owner to my list?

Add the additional owner(s) as separate lines in your list header thus:

* Owner= Sue Paduano <[log in to unmask]>
* Owner= co-owner name <userID@wherever>

This gives them some List Owner powers.  But you may also want to add
them to the * Editor=, * Moderator= and * Errors-To= lines as well to
complete the list of powers they will share with you.

None of the above subscribes them to the list (if they aren't already) so
either you need to subscribe them manually or they need to subscribe in
the usual fashion, so they will get posts like other members.

You need to GET your List Header from your list, modify it and then PUT
it in the usual manner.  Also, the new co-owner needs their own user
Password, different from yours, and different from the List password
since many List Owner commands require Password authentication.  See the
instructions for adding new user passwords also.

 Ben Parker ............ (Oak Park IL) .......... [log in to unmask]