Wanda Tilley <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 6 Oct 1996 22:36:02 -0700
At 12:04 AM 10/7/96 -0500,  someone  wrote:
>> I've recently started a list (NONSUCH_L by name), am the owner, and also a
>> subscriber. I sent a post to my list, just for a test, and have yet to see
>> that post or any other in my mailbox.

Someone replied:
>Where is the list?
>Copy of the header?
>Copy of the whole list?

Hi,
I am having the same difficulty.  Are my defaults wrong? This is what I have
set for the entire list.

Date:         Sun, 6 Oct 1996 19:48:31 -0400
From: "L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8b)"
Subject:      Output of your job "lichen"
To: "Lichen ." <[log in to unmask]>

> Query AgeSmart
Subscription options for "Lichen ." <[log in to unmask]>, list AGESMART:

MAIL           You are sent individual postings as they are received
SHORTHDR       Short mail headers with only "human friendly" fields
               (formerly "SHORTBSMTP")
REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
NOACK          No acknowledgement of successfully processed postings

Also, Prof Z suggested I put a short description of my list in the header of
my list.  (I assumed this should go after the list name), however, this
short description is truncated in parentheses in the welcome and farewell
messages.  So I shortened the description and in the messages, the info
between parenthesis became even more truncated.  So I took out the list
name, but that didn't work.  What am I doing wrong?  Header and example below.

Baron  Dog <[log in to unmask]>  has  just signed  off  the AGESMART  list
(Informative list about positive,).

 I really wanted to say it was "An interesting, informative list about
positive, productive aging!"

PUT AGESMART LIST PW=password
* Informative list about positive,
* productive aging!
*  A St. Johns University List
*
* Errors-to= Owner
*  Review= Private
*  Subscription= open,confirm(4)
*  Send= Private
*  Notify= Yes                  Reply-to= List      Files= No
*  Confidential= No          Validate= No                X-Tags= Yes
*  Stats= Normal,Private         Ack= No
*  Default-Options= Mail,Repro,ShortHDR,NODigest
*  Notebook= Yes,B,Monthly,Private
*  Mail-via= Distribute
*  Auto-delete= yes,Semi-Auto (4),Max(100)
*  Renewal= 6-Monthly
*  Sizelim= 200
*  Daily-threshold= 100
*
* AgeSmart is a forum for exchanging ideas, methods, and
* information about  incorporating  positive and sensible approaches
* to aging into the lives of those who are nearing or who have reached
* the half century mark.
*
* Objectives are to:
* ~ help participants focus on the positive and productive aspects of aging;
* ~ assist in the improvement of  mind, body and spirit as one ages;
* ~ encourage  constructive, entertaining discussion, advice,
* information and anecdotes of  interest to participants;
* ~ motivate list members to make positive changes in their lives, so
* that these changes will have a significant and beneficial effect -
* whether physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual or social!
*
* Although the List is open, and one does not have to be an "oldie" to
* participate, discussion  will pertain to  the interests and issues of those
* in their "prime" or "golden" years.
*
* No matter how old one is or how good things are,
* AgeSmart hopes to enhance the joy of  living and
* improve the quality  of  life.
*
* Owner= [log in to unmask]        Wanda Tilley
* Owner= [log in to unmask]    Polly Lacy
* Owner= Quiet:
* Owner= [log in to unmask]   Jim Wood
* Owner= [log in to unmask]

I hope this is not too much info. <smile>
Wanda