Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 15:32:59 -0400
Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Craig Gjerde wrote:

>>Sometimes the sender doesn't have any control over which address the
>>computer uses for them.  that is, increasingly I find ISP's with
>>multiple nodes (particarly universities) capable of sending mail out
>>from [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] --
>
>What you have to do then is subscribe both addresses, then set one of them
>to nomail so mail only goes to one address, but the computer recognizes
>both addresses.

While Mary's solution will work, and is needed when people post from
multiple accounts, all e-mail software that I know of lets the user set
what they want in the From field. This will override what the mail server
sticks in the field. Even Pine has it as one of its configuration options.
This control is necessary so someone using a forwarded domain name (like I
am) can put it in the From field, as the mailing software would never know
you are using such.

Don.