Sat, 23 Mar 1996 19:36:11 -0600
> There is one person I unsubscribed from my list for breaking the posting
> guidelines and unacceptable behaviour.  Now I want to send the command
> to permanently block this person from subscribing to avoid an
> unsubscribe/subscribe battle and list battle.  Could someone please
> tell me the command and in what document it is given.

Note that while you can put the person's address in Filter= in your list
header, that will work only for that address.  If he gets another address
the filter won't work.  'Course, you can just keep adding addresses to the
filter.

You could also set him NOPOST or REVIEW, but he'll probably gripe about
that and, again, can always get a new address.  Depends on how determined
he is.  But, yes, you put him in FILTER= he is "permanently" blocked
from resubbing from that address, and will be totally blocked if he
doesn't realize all he needs is a new address.

And he may well gripe to you, and maybe to others about you and your
actions.  Whether the later will get him anywhere depends on the support
you get from your "higher-ups."

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L