Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:05:49 -0600
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Francoise Becker wrote:
> I'm pretty pleased with this choice, because it shows that it IS
> possible to do e-mail marketing successfully, benefitting both the
> sender AND the recipients, without spamming.

So who cares about commercial customers of L-SOFT, or what they may do? Not
I, all of my lists are academic discussion list (remember? for BITNET/EARN
lists all commercial use is forbidden, and LSOFT is based upon the software
which Eric Thomas developed largely under the aegis of EARN rules.  To have
a BITNET/EARN list you had to have the package, and you couldn't get the
package unless your site was a member, and you couldln't be a member of
BITN/EARN unless you agreed to no commercial use.)

Most of these awards seem to go to commercial users.  How about some
academic awards?  After all, LISTSERV got its start and reputation
(fostering the use of "listserv" as a generic term for list) from
BITNET/EARN lists, not from LSOFT commercial lists.

Douglas Winship   [log in to unmask]