Elliott Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Mar 1992 09:04:51 EST
How do other list owners handle flames?
   As a new listowner, this is my first flame war.  I searched the
archives here, but not too much popped up.
   My list is unmoderated and I do believe the list "belongs to
the users," but this new group sets their own agenda.  This is resulting
in people that subscribed based on the stated purpose of the list
leaving and more flamers subscribing.
   I did send out a note to the list asking everybody to cool off
before posting and reminding them what the focus of the list
is supposed to be.  This only resulted in threats, warnings, and
"who am I to tell people what they can post"  replies to the
list.
   Any comments or suggestions?  I don't have the time to
mediate or send individual notes and I don't want to have a
closed or moderated list.