Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:51:19 -0400
I apologize for being a bother here with this, but my searches of the
archives haven't found the solution, and something in the dark recesses
of memory makes me believe it's been presented here before, so I'm
hoping a kind soul will point me to the answer.

A subscriber is asking how to "get" the original author email address
for a message received through one of our lists.  I'm confident the data
is present in the message delivered to their mailserver, but for some
reason their mailclient won't present it - when they choose Reply only
the list address is available, but sometimes they would prefer to
respond directly to the individual.  I even setup Outlook Express (yes,
not Outlook, but all I have handy) on a machine here to play with, and
when "Reply" is used one address is presented; when "Reply to all" is
used two are presented but they BOTH are effectively the same, just
displayed as "list name" and "list@domain" in the compose dialog.

We don't use Outlook here, and I don't use it at home either, and I
can't find anything through my searches of this list archive or the
Microsoft site or even via Google either.

Here is the message (with selected (mildly redacted) headers) from the
subscriber (who asked via the list in question) that I received into a
Eudora mailbox, and below that some parts of the list header.  I will
greatly appreciate all assistance.