Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 12:40:35 +0200
This is a configuration problem. I sent  a message to the server with the
command 'q xxxxxxxxxx' (a whole bunch of them). Here is the reply I got:

Date:         Fri, 13 Jun 1997 05:41:01 -0500
From:         "L-Soft list server at University of Arkansas (1.8b)"
Subject:      Output of your job "ERIC"
To:           Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>

Missing parameter - specify the name of a list, or "*" (without the quotes)
for all lists on this server.

> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unknown command -
"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
. Try HELP.

> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unknown command - "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX". Try HELP.

As you  can see, the  long line was folded  at column 80.  This indicates
that the message is not being delivered to LISTSERV in Netdata format and
explains your other problem.

  Eric