Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Feb 1994 14:22:58 +0100
On  Mon, 7  Feb  1994 06:53:00  EST  "Peter  M. Weiss  +1  814 863  1843"
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>Just my opinion --  instead of confusing the user with the  ">" v. "> ",
>just tell them not to include  the headers and only include that portion
>of the  text necessary for context:  not only will that  save bandwidth,
>but prevent the archives from growing  with excess text ... or something
>LIKE that.

Ditto. Things  can grow  quite nasty  with that kind  of mail  program if
someone posts  a memo or  some minutes  and everyone starts  answering "I
agree" and  you have to skip  past 20 pages  of included text to  see the
reply. Not to mention when people reply to a reply to say "Me too" ;-)

  Eric