Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 11:17:30 -0500
> I sent an import command using the format in the owner manual:
>
> QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT
> [...]
> I did this very literally only substituting list and user names.
> What i got back was:
>
> > > ok
> > Confirming:
> > > QUIET ADD group-l DD=X IMPORT
> > DDname "X" not found in job stream.

Walter, I think you left out one step in  your note: LISTSERV wrote back to
you  saying  something like "for  security  reasons  you must  confirm this
command, reply  back to this  note with 'OK'" etc.   There's the problem --
commands that use a DD don't work  when confirmed (because only the command
is confirmed -- the DD isn't saved for that time, and when the command runs
it says "hey, where's my data?").

So, to fix this, send the job again putting PW=xxxxxx onto the JOB line, at
the end, where the x's represent your password of course, i.e.
        QUIET ADD listname DD=X IMPORT PW=blurfl

Norm
--
Visualize whirled peas.