Les Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 17:30:01 -0500
On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Peter Weiss wrote:

> It's not a bug, but a feature of LISTSERV(R) to inhibit spoofing/typos
> from WEB-based forms.
>
> IMHO, the LISTSERV(R) design might not have taken
>
> * SUBSCRIPTION= OWNER
>
> into account when dealing with the cookie-method implemented for
> WEB-based subscribes.

That would seem to make it a bug.

I can understand the necessity for confirm on "subscription=open"
configurations, but not when the configuration is set to
"subscription=owner".  I assume that when the owner adds the subscription,
he does so only after some indication that the person really meant
to join the list.

In any event, is there some way I can work around it?  I'm not allowing
click-on browser subscriptions, so the need for that error control just
doesn't exist on my list.

                                               Les