Joshua Semiatin <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:39:51 -0400
Thanks so much to everyone for your input. I'll do as you suggest and
contact each of the admins (it might be interesting getting this to work
with AOL though).

Take care,
Josh

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Pete Weiss
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 11:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: "X-Report-Type:" field found in the mail header."

At 11:11 8/15/2005 Monday, Hal Keen wrote:

[...]

>I have lists where unnecessarily losing subscribers is a Very Bad Idea, so
>generally wind up contacting the subscribers directly and maybe working
with
>their email people to get my domain whitelisted. (If I can't reach the
>subscribers, it's an indication the addresses have really gone bad.) More
>Draconian approaches (NOMAIL or simply deleting the problem subscriptions)
>are possible, depending on the importance--at your end--of maintaining
>contact with your subscribers.

Hal has hit a nail on the head -- this is one of those "value adds" that a
list-owner can provide -- getting involved in the problem source
identification and resolution of "email" problems.  Often, they go beyond
the list itself, and are institutional/ISP parameterization or design
problems e.g., mail rejected because it discusses a "bad" word, as opposed
to being that "bad" word such as p o r n.

You may enjoy reading this

http://www.emoderators.com/moderators/how2list.html