John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 22:30:21 -0500
> So, here's some questions:
>
> 1) How do you deal with rude list members? Moderation and editing of
> posts is not an option.

Then you have a problem IMHO. The first thing any owner should do is
setup the list rules and actions taken for their violation before allowing the
first subscriber. The owner is called the owner because that is what she/he is.
Either go by the rules or suffer the consequences. Being allowed on a list is a
privilege, not a right. I consider my lists my home, when you are in my home
you go by the rules....period. The firmer you are the more respect you will
get. Most people don't want to be on a list that is 50% off topic, full of
flames and one liners quoting entire digests.

I understand your particular situation, but if your list had an experienced
owner to begin with, you wouldn't be here looking for a host.

If you move your list I would start over from scratch. MHO of course.

> 2) Does anyone know of a free listserv server that might accept our
> list and let us regulate it?

That depends on the topic of the list.

Advertising you have a bunch of litigation happy 1st Amendment radicals
isn't going to help you find a host though :)