"Geert K. Marien" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 22:34:09 EST
Hi folks,

   I am getting around to updating  my welcome files and other FAQ's and
need pointers to  solutions to abusive things like  WINMAIL.DAT files in
posts and such.   If people have already written such  things into their
FAQ's, or have a help file  on how (in plain easy-to-understand English)
to modify their  Mail programs to avoid this and  any other nasties that
people can think of, it would be much appreciated.

   It's hard to  explain to people why someone got  paid money to design
software that does these nasty things  by default, so what I really need
is a nice  way to present this  to people who (we should  assume in some
cases) know little or nothing about what causes this to happen.

   Many thanks (from the people this will help and myself) in advance.

**  Geert K. Marien : [log in to unmask]  (Bitnet: GKMQC@PUCC)  **
**        ListOwner: AIRLINE, RAILROAD, STAMPS, The INDIA List        **
**    (All contents are my own opinions - unless otherwise stated)    **