Thu, 11 May 2000 00:15:10 -0500
On Thu, 7 Feb 2036, Peter C.S. Adams wrote:

> I checked the manual and it appears that in a digest, BOTTOM_BANNER is moved
> to the top of the digest (!) and displayed once. The manual is unclear on
> whether this is before or after DIGEST-H. It also makes no mention of which
> banner is used in a digest if rotating banners are used. Alas, there is no

I've never used a rotating banner but as the rotation period is one day
presumably the banner will be the one for that day, just like it is for
the individually mailed postings.

> This behavior strikes me as highly illogical. It would seem to make more

I see nothing illogical about it.  One certainly doesn't want the
bottom banner to appear in each of the postings in the digest, cluttering
up the place needlessly, but the digest subscribers need to know what
is in the banner, so they get it once per mailing, just like everyone
else: one distribution, one banner.

Douglas