F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 17:57:32 +0000
This is getting to be a thing.

We use Office 365, and most fac/staff/students are using OWA or Outlook as mail clients.

So some departments would like to pass on meeting announcements -- including the calendar invitation -- via their lists.

The results are ... unusual, and vary depending on the list configuration.

Only if
Attachments= No
or a specific set of allowed attachments are specified will this be blocked.

Otherwise the calendar invitation is sent.  At which point, the recipient accepts/rejects the meeting.  If the former, a message is sent back to the originator (these are dept lists, so could be the person who posted, the individual they posted on behalf of or the list).  If they decline, the meeting may be cancelled (had that happen once).

Suspect this is a consequence of settings
Send=-
ReplyTo=

(and of course, Attachments= )

I do not think this is a good idea, but it is happening and I was wondering how others deal with/have dealt with it.  What settings would you recommend if they really, really want to do it?

Thanks,
--Joe