Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 4 Jan 1997 14:58:34 -0500
At 12:47 PM 1/3/97 EST, Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Wayne said:
>
>>*  Send= Editor,Hold
>
>Just as an addenda, note that we (L-Soft) recommend that any list
>running with "Send= Editor" should also include the ",Confirm"
>option, i.e.
>
>* Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm
>
>This mandates an "OK" confirmation whenever the Editor posts to the
>list, thereby putting yet another stumbling block in the way of
>malicious users who may forge mail from the Editor address in order
>to get around your security settings.  It will also help keep these
>"reflected" error messages we've been seeing lately (where the remote
>host "reflects" the bounced message back to the list with the original
>"From:" line left intact) from being distributed to the list.
>
>Nathan

Hi.

I have a question on this, also in conjunction with a later post of yours
in which you wrote:

>* Send= Editor,Hold
>* Editor= whoever is the primary editor
>* Editor= (listname)                (where "listname" is the name of the list)
>
>This will allow the primary editor and all members of "listname" to post
>directly to the list, while non-subscriber mail will be forwarded to the
>primary editor for approval (rather than being rejected).

Now, what would the following combination do?:

* Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm
* Editor= whoever is the primary editor
* Editor= (listname)                (where "listname" is the name of the list)

Would this require *everyone* on the list to OK their posts?  Or me (primary
editor) to OK everyone's posts?  Or just me to OK my own posts (as well as
those from non-subscribers)?

Also, is it equivalent to combine the last two lines?:
* Editor= whoever is the primary editor,(listname)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Stan Ryckman ([log in to unmask])