Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 05:05:55 -0700
A few weeks ago I questioned LISTSERV handling of the errrors-to that
*seemed* to send the bounces to the users and not to the headers
"errors-to".

Just so you all know, since I added my name to the erros-to=, I come to
the conclusion that LISTSERV behave correctly and only adds the
errors-to=. If a user configures its mailer with such a line, both he
and owner-list receive delivery errors.

The actual errors-to= addressee just did not know what to do with the
messages and a "Good Samaritan" self-appointed mail expert on BLUES-L
told him not to deal with them 'cuz the LISTSERV host was handling
everything. So the guy ask his local provider to filter them off... I
just wish the guy joined LSTOWN-L instead :-) (And if I find the
"Samaritan" name I'll put it in the FAQ as an "unreliable source":-)))

--
Eric Paul-Hus, BLUES-L co-owner actually draining the bounces flood. And
they say only God can stop a flood ;-).