Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:41:07 -0500
> I'm not sure either, but some of it has to do with the variation in
> email addresses (I tried all the various permutations of my address
> that have been used over the last couple of years, and continually
> got "you're not subscribed to the list" -- and finally gave up.  (On
> the other hand, I just successfully registered a password on lstown-
> l, so maybe it's just my address on the other list . . . )

Your problem is not with the "registering a password", per se, but rather
knowing what email address is listed as subscribed.  FWIW, your email
address is coming across as "[log in to unmask]".  You might try
that.

If that doesn't work, you could find out exactly what address you have
listed in the subscription, by:
   a) ask the listowner
   b) unsubscribe, then resubscribe

This assumes that REVIEW=Owner, of course.

Chris Barnes                                  (979) 458-1539
Computer Systems Manager                      [log in to unmask]
Dept of Geography                             AOL IM:  cnbarnes
Texas A&M University                          ICQ:     3581645