Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 20:06:16 -0500
On: Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 05:29:25PM -0700,Ben Parker Wrote:

} On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:06:56 -0500, Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
}
} >// job  pw=xxxxxxxx
} >review chinook-l all
} >query chinook-l for *@*
} >review sibernet-l all
} >query sibernet-l for *@*
} >// eoj
} >
} >And Listserv returns 3 emails.
}
} LISTSERV will process the commands in the order given and send the results in
} the order of processing.  The to REVIEW commands will cause separate files to
} be sent.  The results of all 4 commands will be combined in one 'command
} response' email, which will be largest of the 3 and is necessarily sent out
} last since it cannot be sent until the last of the commands is completed.
}
} Since the APPLE server has 3 possible outgoing SMTP servers to send out via,
} and your ISP has several SMTP receiving servers, the order of receipt will
} depend on several random factors.  Although the largest email is sent last, it
} may not be received last.

Thanks Ben, that confirms what I and others had suspected, so it was
just dumb luck that hid my bug for 2 years and just random chance that I
got bit this one time.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67