"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 08:21:00 EST
>So, does this mean that we can put a value in MAX_LINES and when the
>digest reaches the limit set by Juno, another one will be started.  We
>have a heavy traffic list and quite a few Juno subscribers.

Yes.

As far as JUNO.COM is concerned, limiting the DIGEST size to
a minimum value for ALL subscribers (unless most of them are
at JUNO.COM) seems self-defeating: the smaller the Digest,
the more frequent the distributions, the less the value of
the digest.  I suggest that JUNO.COM subscribers lobby their
ISP to provide a modern day service.  Instead of their maximum
digest of approx. 750 lines (750*80), how about at least
twice that?

If the JUNO.COM subscribers can't get their limit raised,
how about if they switch to MAIL and allow the benefits of
modern day Internet Service Providors accrue to the
majority?

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                "I get paid by the millisecond"