Ellen Bonta <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:15:16 -0400
Our lawyer has suggested we send a charter/disclaimer/list policy to the
subscriber before the subscription is complete.  Therefore, if the new
subscriber does not agree with the list charter thay can stop the
subscription before they are subscribed.

Pages 96 and 98 of the Site Manager's Operations Manual indicate that
the ADDREQ1 template can be used to send new subscribers a charter.
However, use of this template requires "Subscription=By Owner".  We
would like to set the list to "Subscription = Open,Confirm", so the
owner does not have to review each subscription, but the completion of
subscription will indicate that the subscriber agrees with the charter.

Is there a way to send a customized message before the subscription is
complete using "Subscription=Open,Confirm"?  Does this make sense?  Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Ellen