Katie Buller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 19:34:00 CST
I posted here a few months ago about searching for a low cost (preferably
free) server to move a currently existing mailing list to.  The list concerns
discussion of Senegal parrots, their habits, parrot ownership, health concerns,
preservation, laws, etc.  I got several very nice responses back with good
suggestions (including LSoft, which I am considering) but one was for a free
siting on an educational site. This was wonderful except that in the meantime,
an offer came from a Senegal parrot owner to site it on her mailing list
server which I couldn't refuse.  However, now she can't take us! :(

So we have been limping along hoping our current site wouldn't notice us but at
long last our "lease" will be up soon.  I went back to my file of responses
to see if the offers were still good but (gulp!) they were gone!  Of course.
Murphy at work again.

So what I'm asking is if you remember making such a beneficent offer to a
small mailing list (under 200 subscribers with traffic of about 25-50 messages
a day), can you please get in touch with me. I promise to be sufficiently
humble and hat in hand, but we are interested in moving once again!  If you
still have space, we definitely are interested!

Katie Buller                               University of Wisconsin - Madison
[log in to unmask]                                      Memorial Library
[log in to unmask]                      Central Technical Services - Area Studies