Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:31:07 EST
On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:38:42 GMT Daniel Norton said:
>John Lyon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>The only thing that comes to mind is the size of the Digest archive.
>>Perhaps it was much larger on the 27th and you had little or no posts on
>>the 28th at that time? Just a guess.
>
>I don't understand.  Perhaps I wasn't clear.  The _total_ usage actually
>_decreased_.  Adding a small amount is still adding, not subtracting.

There was probably a temporary file in your directory when you sent the
first SHOW QUOTA.  When processing various things for your list, LISTSERV
writes temp files in your directory and deletes them when it's done.

Note that the list in question is running on L-Soft's EASE-HOME service
and SHOW QUOTA is only available on servers that are running with an
ISP SCOPE license.

Nathan