Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Aug 1995 00:50:23 EDT
>The question is, is their anything I can do on my end to have people's
>names *not* put on the header.

If a name appears on the From: field, it is used.  If the name does NOT
appear, then the name of the subscriber as it appears in LISTSERV's signup
file is used.  So if they have control of the From: field, a name like
"Anonymous Poster" or something like it can be used.

This in new for 1.8b I believe, though I don't think this change was
documented.

I allow anon postings on one of my lists: people send them to me instead of
the list, I edit out the identifying info, then forward them to the list.
Not exactly an automatic process.

Bill