Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:42:01 -0500
At 19:00 11/8/2005 Tuesday, Elizabeth wrote:
>If this is not the correct forum, please let me know where I should post
>this question.
>The list I'm listowner of through the University of Kentucky has a problem
>member who has threatened other members in private emails.  He is currently
>subscribed under a pseudonym.  I have him on review; however, he has
>threatened that if he is removed, he will just resubscribe.  Is there
>anything I can do to block subscriptions from certain ISPs?  Any other
>suggestions?

Good advice about turning things over to central univesity I.T.

For some lists, these options may be appropriate:

SUBSCRIPTION= OPEN,CONFIRM
DEFAULT-OPTIONS= REVIEW

Later, as appropriate:

QUIET SET listname NOREVIEW FOR probation_subscriber

Depending upon the ISP, userid, etc of problem subscriber, list keyword

FILTER= ALSO,problem_subcriber

Wildcard notation will work too.

/Pete