Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:42:43 -0500
This snippet from the template "HTML for the main list archive screen (listname.html)"

   .bb (&KWD(SEND,1) ^= OWNER) and (&KWD(SEND,1) ^= OWNERS)
   <li>&POST;Post to the list</a>
   .eb

and this snippet from your list header (which your server is freely disclosing to anyone who sends an INFO request for the list)

  *
  * A discussion forum for SAEP record keeping issues.
  *
  * SEND= owners

have the explanation.  You allow only owners to post, and I am supposing here that the LSoft folks who designed the template figured in that situation it didn't make sense to show the POST option to the general list audience (and that sounds good to me).  You may change the SEND option, or you may edit the template to have the POST option appear.

You might also want to edit the INFO templates for your lists to prevent the server giving out the headers with such free abandon.  I'm also hoping the LSoft folks will change the default behavior of this template, too.

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/28/03 10:03AM >>>
Good morning!  What must be done at my discussion group's web site to activate a hyperlink enabling my subscribers to also POST messages, rather than just join/unsubscribe and read archived postings?

Refer to the web site  http://listserv.tamu.edu/archives/e-records-l.html

Thank you for your guidance in this endeavor.   Larry :-)