Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:04:26 -0500
On: Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 09:01:45PM -0600,Winship Wrote:

} I apologize for the late response, one of those things I meant to do
} but didn't get to at the time.
}
} On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Eric Thomas wrote:

[...]

} With this proposed new scheme, editor trumping review, rather than
} review trumping editor, as it has always been in the past, will, it seems
} to me, make hash of this setup, which many lists use:
}
} * Send= Editor
} * Editor= id@address,(LISTNAME)
} * Default-Options= REVIEW
}
} This is used so that postings from new subscribers will be vetted by the
} listowner (or editor if different).  It prevents "subscribing to spam"
} and other ills.
}
} If "editor" trumps "review" the listowner can no longer use review as
} a list control measure.
}
} I hope that you will reconsider and have review take precedence over
} editor, as it always has in the past.

Douglas,
I agree 101%, but I have already fought this battle and been overruled.
:-(

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67