Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 12:13:22 -0400
>On 28 Sep 98 at 11:04, Pete Weiss wrote:
>> Some broken email systems are not RFC compliant and generate bounces to
>> the original email sender and not the MAIL FROM:<OWNER-listname@listhost>
>>  (which then "maps" to the ERRORS-TO= listname definition keyword).
>> What is the value of your * AUTO-DELETE= field ?
>
>Pete, Thanks for the ideas.  I have not included the Auto-Delete keyword in my
>lists header and I have the validate keyword set to * Validate=
>Yes,Confirm,Nopw.
>I'm not really sure from the manual whether this would activate or inactivate
>autodelete.  However I have certainly not had any warning from Listserv that
>the "troublemakers" have been (or are about to be) unsubscribed.

I think * Auto-Delete= defaults to on, but I forget the exact syntax.  You
might want to explicitly set it to be off, though from what you say above
it looks like that's probably not the only problem.

Some sites might be down intermittantly so that sometimes they generate
bounces and other times they don't.  This explanation sounds lame even to
me, though.

Guess I'm out of ideas for now.

-jwgh