"Lawrence B. York" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 22:12:40 -0400
On 17 Jul 97 at 18:10, Gilles wrote:

> Is there any wa to completely turn off this message on a moderated
> list?
>
> >Subject: Message ("Your message dated Thu, 17 Jul 1997 17:57:59...")
>
> >Your  message dated  Thu, 17  Jul 1997  17:57:59 -0400  (EDT) with  subject
> >"blah blah blah" has been submitted to the moderators of the WE-ARE-LOST
> >list.
>
> I have already removed the POST_? template on the mailtpl file for
> that list, but posters still receive that short message. Setting
> them noack has no effect ;-(

   You do not want to remove the template from the mailtpl file, you
want to remove all text within that template and replace it with .QQ
as in:

>>> POST_EDITOR We don't want this template on our list
.QQ

   This, of course, goes in the listname.MAILTPL file.

   Review Chapter 9 of the List Owners manual taking a careful look
at the REQACK1 example in section 9.4.2.

Larry

Lawrence B. York
L-Soft International, Inc.