Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:12:42 -0400
DISTRIBUTE is:

the internal LISTSERV(R) method of creating batch mail/merge jobs for
distribution of list mail

an explicit method that can be used by authorized users to generate a
mail/merge job

an explicit method that can be used by debugging same which can be verry
useful for solving "I'm not getting list distributions" problems

a computer algorithm/protocol invented by L-Soft internation, Inc. (OK,
ERIC) to perform the analysis of how "best" to use a diverse and
geographically disbursed set of LISTSERV(R) hosts (to minimize network
traffic at the "expense" of CPU utilization) to perform same.

See the RFC

http://info.internet.isi.edu:80/in-notes/rfc/files/rfc1429.txt

/Pete