Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 May 2001 19:37:40 -0400
I have one list that is subcription by owner. I've set it up so a
questionnaire is sent to the subscriber. The owner is not notified of this,
and all the owner sees is the filled out questionnaire being sent to him.
To do this we have these sections in our mailtpl:

>>> SUB_OWNER &LISTNAME: &WHOM requested to join
.TO &WHOM
A copy of the &LISTNAME membership questionnaire has been sent
to you.  Please read it carefully and follow the instructions
to complete it and return it to the list owners.
>>> ADDREQ1 &LISTNAME Membership Survey
.RE OWNERS
.TO &WHOM
.CE &LISTNAME Membership Survey

NOTE:  Please make sure when you reply to this msg it goes back to
the address &LISTNAME-Request@&MYHOST. Thanks.

Thank you for your interest in the Paleolithic Diet Symposium listserv. Our
list is an semi-private, semi-moderated symposium for researchers with
interest in and knowledge of primitive diets and their relevance to modern
life. Our primary audience is biologists, paleontologists, anthropologists,
physiologists, and health care professionals. Students or members the lay
public are not necessarily excluded, but any messages submitted to the list
membership will be reviewed before distribution to assure that the
information presented, or the questions posed, reflect an appropriate level
of understanding of the science underlying the subject under discussion.

Note that there is also an unmoderated  SUPPORT oriented list under the
name of PALEOFOOD. That may be what you are looking for.

This is a standard questionnaire for all prospective subscribers to
&LISTNAME. You are not required to give us more than your name and email
address, although we would appreciate having the other information. Any
information you give on this questionnaire is solely for the list owners'
information, and will NOT be sold or used for any form of business
solicitation.

.fo off
   Name:
   Preferred E-mail Address:
   Title:
   Institution:
   Phone Number:
   Research Areas:
   Other Areas of Interest:
.fo on

Your list membership will be confirmed by the Listowner.  You should
receive a message confirming your membership within a few days.  Thank you!