Fri, 25 Dec 1998 20:54:35 -0500
Hi,

We've been having 'fun' with someone posting messages from a Hotmail.com
address.  My message to Hotmail about this person yielded an automatic
response, saying that all Hotmail messages included the field

(What can I say?  It's holiday season in the USA.)

The first address was easy to read because the person had a webpage.

Today I got a message from another Hotmail address, claiming they were
getting Gardens mail.  They don't seem to be subscribed to Gardens...but
they say they *are* subscribed to a different lsv.uky.edu list.

This person may be completely innocent, and coincidentally falling into the
middle of a bad situation.  I hope so, but I'm too gunshy about Hotmail
addresses right now, and this address isn't as easy to read.  It's the
holiday season, and I don't have as much computer time as I might have
during the workaday season.

Can anyone help me with the method/tools I need to start deciphering
Hotmail's IP fields?  206.43.209.105 is the relevant, *innocent* address in
this case.

Thanks,

Barb Dorsett  mailto:[log in to unmask]
active co-listowner for Gardens  mailto:[log in to unmask]
  http://www.blueriver.net/~dorsett/notes.html