Mercedes Gimenez <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:32:39 +0100
At 10:35 24/01/00 -0500, Jacob Haller wrote:
>>>  Hello all. I want to rename all my lists from namelist@domain  to
>>>   namelist-L@domain
>>>
>>>  I have decided to create all the lists again , but what can I do whith
>>>  archives???. I´d liked to see in listserv.uam.es/archives for namelist-L
>>>  all the archives: archives from namelist and the new for namelists-L
>>
>>When putting your new lists, just use the same directory names as the
>>corresponding old ones in the header. This way your new lists will still be
>>able to access all the old archives.
>
>Not totally correct--you also need to rename the archives from
>oldlistname.logyymmw to newlistname.logyymmw .

OK. I have do it , but whith wa interface, only can see the archives from
namelisl-l, no the archives from namelist in the page of namelist-l

>The web archives will be tricky.  The easiest thing is probably to
>create a new subdirectory in your web archives directory for the new
>mailing list names and delete the old directories.

I have created /archives/namelist-l, but only can see the new archives

>Something you may wish to consider (and may have already considered)
>is leaving the old mailing lists around for a while

Yes, of course.

> but replacing
>most of the headers with a "New-List=" header which would point to
>the new mailing list address.

OK. I´ll do it. Thank you

>Backing up your entire LISTSERV tree before starting to mess around
>with all this is definately a good idea.

:-D  Yes. I´ll do it too, but I can´t get to put old list archives in the
new list.
I´m going to try again (whith my test list) and then I´ll tell you

Thank yoy very much,

>Thanks,
>--
>Jacob Haller, Technical Support
>L-Soft international, Inc
>http://www.lsoft.com/

Postmaster de la U.A.M.                      e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Servicio de Informática
Fac. de Económicas, E-VI-110
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Crta. de Colmenar, Km. 15                     Fax : +34  91  397 39 14
E-28049 Cantoblanco.España (SPAIN)