Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 12:34:46 +0100
On Wed, 15 Jan 1997 23:44:54 EST Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I agree  it should be provided  in Diagnostic-code, but, as  you like to
>point out,  LISTSERV has  to deal  with the world  as it  is, not  as it
>should be.

But we  are not talking about  entrenched behaviour here. We  are talking
about a  RFC that has not  even reached Internet Standard  status yet and
for which, as far  as I know, there is ONE  major implementation to date.
It is too early to draw conclusions about the way people will or will not
be  using  facilities  that  ARE  present in  the  RFC  to  provide  more
information.

  Eric