"Stephen W. Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jun 1992 14:15:46 EDT
Mila Rush writes,

>  I send out (periodically) the INT-LAW directory with the subscribers in
>  alphabetical order - I do tell them they can get a list by nodeid thru
>  LISTSERV.

A privacy issue seems relevant.

I hope that any list owners that do such a directory distribution are
mindful of CONCEALed subscribers.  If those subscribers are included
in the distributed directory, it would be polite to explain that policy
clearly in the subscription memo (MAILFORM?) so that people who don't wish
to be included at least have the option of not subscribing to the group.

Thanks for listening,
Steve,

--
Stephen W. Thompson, University of Pennsylvania, 215-898-4585
Institute for Research on Higher Education, [log in to unmask] (best)