"Natalie Maynor" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Apr 1992 05:34:42 CDT
> > Since the list owner is not on OHSTVMA, most likely I will have to do
> > the storing of the files for the owner.   Is that correct?   Way around
> > this?
> I'm not on NDSUVM1.  When we did the binary files, I was not able
> to do everything myself.  Now that we are using text files, I can
> do it all.

Why not just put the files in ftp space (i.e., have permissions set for
the listowner to 'put' to a certain directory in anonymous ftp space)?
My list has all files available via ftp.  In the index I specifiy binary
files with an asterisk.  So far, nobody has seemed to have any problem
with it.  Including binary files is fun.  In addition to being able to
get programs of various kinds (freeware or shareware, of course), people
can get pictures of the list subscribers who have sent them as gifs.
   --Natalie ([log in to unmask])