Roger Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 1 Apr 1992 09:47:43 EST
On Tue, 31 Mar 1992 17:54:27 ECT Martin Raish said:
>One of my readers has asked a good question.  I =THINK= the answer
>is that I cannot change the header without affecting the entire list.
>But could I change it, post the item, then change it back again?
>Would that make replies to that single item be differently directed?
>I read LISTKEYW MEMO but am still not sure what would happen.  And it
>seems like a lot of work.  (And I would only goof it up anyway...)
>Thanks.
>
>-- Martin
Martin,
    The answer is in the -Mailer- one uses, not in the Listserv !  The
Mail program used here (RiceMail), has an option for the 'Reply'
subcommand, ( Reply From ), which gets the address from the 'FROM' line
of the original posting, not the 'Reply To' line.  Thus nothing needs to
be done to the List Header.  I reply back to original posters all the time.

Regards,
Roger C.

>     Date:       Fri, 27 Mar 1992 14:01:00 ECT
>:=>  Reply-To:   Bibliographic Instruction Discussion Group
>|    Sender:     Bibliographic Instruction Discussion Group
>|    From:       "Diane Kovacs, Jeannie Dixon,
>|                 Kara Robinson" <[log in to unmask]>
>|    Subject:    E-Mail Conference Participation Study
>|    To:         Mike McDermott <[log in to unmask]>
>|
>|    PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEND THIS TO THE PEOPLE LISTED IN
>|    THE "From:" LINE ABOVE -- =NOT= TO BI-L.
>|
>|    Thanks.
>|

>|  Hi--
>|  This is just something I've been wondering about: isn't
>|_ there a way to change this "Reply-to:" field on a message
>   that would make the "Reply to the person, not to the list"
>   routine automatic?  There may not be--I've never managed
>   a list, but it seems like a pretty straight-forward
>   operation(?)

                                  Roger Campbell
Experience is what you get        247 Computing Center
 when you don't get what          Buffalo, New York 14260
 you want.                        (716) 636-3547
                                  Bitnet: CAMPBELL@UBVM
                                  Internet: [log in to unmask]