Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 00:52:54 GMT
Pete asked for some additional information about my question on why the
approval code was rejected as an erro to the poster.

> Q CELIAC FOR [log in to unmask]
Subscription options for Kathy McDermid <[log in to unmask]>, list
CELIAC:

MAIL           You are sent individual postings as they are received
DUALHDR        "Dual" mail headers with vital header information
               duplicated in the message body
REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
NOACK          No acknowledgement of successfully processed postings
REVIEW         Your postings are forwarded to the list owner for approval

> 1) are you doing a REPLY "OK xxxxxx" back to the LISTSERV

I used the standard reply cookie "ok" for the post before and after this
post.

>2) are you using your [log in to unmask] userid

This ID is the only one used for approval as I understand that approval can be
granted only by the ID receiving the cookie.

Since I did not include the required background information, here is the header:

*  Editor= [log in to unmask]
*  Review= Owner                        Subscription= Open,Confirm
*  Reply-to= Sender,Respect             Files= No
*  Confidential= No                     Validate= No
*  Stats= Normal,Owner                  Ack= No
*  Notebook= Yes,F,Weekly,Public        X-Tags= Yes
*  Editor-Header= No                    Send= Private
*  Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,23:00,Size(400)
*  Default-options= Repro,DUALHdr,Review

I was able to post the desired message by using resend and a distribute job.
This made the message appear as if it came from the poster instead of me.  I
did not ask for a resubmittal from the poster.

I hope that these additonal details will assist.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA
One of the Celiac & Cel-Kids Listowners