John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 18:42:56 -0400

Larry York kindly wrote back:

>   It is exactly as it states.  You have included the line:
>
>      * PW=
>
>   in your header without specifying a password.  If you are going to
>include it, you need to enter a password.  If you do not require it,
>do not place it in your header.  You will have to GET your header
>again and either remove the line or fill in the needed info, then PUT
>it back.

To which I say hmmm...  Here's what I sent to the server that generated the
error message:

PUT IAOLIST-L LIST PW=(personal password supplied here)
* Interlochen Alumni Org. Discussion List
* Ack=             Yes
* Confidential=    No
* Daily-Threshold= 50
* Files=           No
* Language=        English
* Mail-Via=        Distribute
* Notebook=        Yes,/usr/local/spool/listserv/lists/iaolist-l,Weekly,Private
* Notify=          No
* Reply-To=        List,Respect
* Review=          Private
* Send=            Editor
* Stats=           Normal,Owner
* Subscription=    Open,Confirm
* Validate=        Yes,Confirm
* Filter=          Also,*@cvcom.com
* Digest=          Yes,Same,Daily,Size(725)
* Owner=           [log in to unmask] (John Witherspoon)
* Owner=           Quiet:
* Owner=           [log in to unmask] (John Witherspoon)
* Owner=           [log in to unmask] (Mike Schwartz)
* Owner=           [log in to unmask] (John Witherspoon)
* Editor=          Owner,(IAOLIST-L)
* Errors-To=       Owner
* Renewal=         2-Monthly,Delay(7),Probe
* Auto-Delete=     Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(5),Max(5)
* Sizelim=         100

<snip>

Any follow-up from anyone?

-- John