Bill Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:11:48 -0400
Winship wrote on 04/10/2007 01:46:52 PM:

> Whether the actual AOL error messages are helpful will depend on what
they
> contain.  I've seen lots of "rejected for contenet" error message which
> don't specify what was objectionable and 99% of the time contacting the
> postmaster, or whomever, at the rejecting site gets no response.

Interesting (but slightly off topic) "objectionable content" story:

We had a user sending to a local school district and it was being rejected
by filtering software for containing an offensive word.  It turns out that
there was an attachment, and the Base64 encoding of it included the
infamous F-word in the middle of a long string of other characters.

I researched it a bit and looked at an email I had with a 6MB attachment.
I searched for that same 4 letter word in the encoded attachment and gave
up after 40 instances.  I was only about halfway through the file.