Sandy Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 22:17:15 -0800
We run a number of large lists including one that we generate when we want
to run a specific announcement.  We are using the bulk add commands and
will add nearly 6000 names.  The last few times we have tried to build
this list, we get get the following error message:

> > quiet add ssep DD=3DData
> DDname "3DDATA" not found in job stream.

It's maybe interpreting this '=' sign as 3D somewhere along the way.  If
we take the bulk entries out and substitute 'quiet add ssep [log in to unmask]
name name' the job is too big and gets purged.

We submit other jobs with the '=' sign in the password and have no problems.

Any ideas?  Is it a gateway problem?

Thanks so much for your help!

Sandy Barnes
Social Science Electronic Publishing