Perrine Crampton <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:51:58 EST
  "Kevin J. Sinclair" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have been testing the mechanism to set a single subscriber to review.
>It works great; I like it very much.  However, the subscriber is
>notified, when he posts, that their message has been sent to the list owner
>for review.  I would prefer that subscriber not get that notification.

>How can it be disabled?

Kevin,

Disabling the automatic message to a user requires editing the default.mailtpl
(default mail template) file on your Listserv machine. Make sure to check with
your Postmaster about creating an individual file for your list(s). You don't
want to change the default for EVERY list on that Listserv machine, just your
list.

To create one for just your list; get the default.mailtpl then edit it to delete
the part that tells a user that their message is being forwarded to the Editor/
Moderator (called ">>POST_EDITOR" in TAMU's default.mailtpl file.) (It's deleted
/canceled by typing .qq as the first line of the message.) Then send the file
back to the listserv with "put listname-l mailtpl pw=xxxxx"

Note that when I tried to do this for my list, I got an error. Then I tried to
edit my file list to include my modified mailtpl and had problems. I know this
does work for other people, but there must be something else that the Postmaster
has to set up for you before it'll work.

Info on working with the default.mailtpl file is covered in the LSoft
Listowner's Manual in chapter 9.

Perrine

p.s. Oh, one important note; the manual leads you to believe that the
default.mailtpl can be edited in parts - change the >>INFO, but nothing else.
This does NOT appear to be the case. The entire file must be retrieved, edited
and put as one "entity." The file is a long one, made up of all the various
message that the Listserv automatically sends out to subscribers and owners for
every possible function - subscribe, join, leave, ack, etc. Each 'file entity'
begins with >>.