Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 16:38:02 -0700
At 05:18 PM 4/3/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hopefully these aren't something I overlooked in any doc's I have.
>If so, I apologize in advance.
>
>1. Is there a limit on the length of the name of a LISTSERV list?
>
>2. Is the "-L" at the end of the names I see a requirement, or just
>   a commonly used convention?

  A commonly used convention, but one that is becoming less used, it seems.
 I own lists such as

Advanc-L, Arie-l (for a product known as Ariel), postcard, postmark, and so
forth.  So, some each way.  Of course I'm not the only one to use the -l as
part of the name....like my Arie-l, there is the classic of the genre:
bisexu-l     o-)

cyclops

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534