Eric Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 18:36:06 -0400
Pat-

   How are the messages being posted? There is now a character set
choice in the message posting tool for web view users. You have to
click on "Advanced Settings" and then select the desired character
set. Then you must click "Update" to make the setting permanent. It's
possible the messages are being posted in some off the wall character set.

   I would have thought that the default setting would be based on a
default set by the list configuration file but this doesn't seem to
be the case. Further, I have an inkling that even if you "Update" to
lock the settings, sometimes the setting is ignored or lost. I've not
had time to prove this definitively.

Eric Johnson